As the not-for-profit sector becomes increasingly competitive, you need to find ways to do more with the tools and resources you already have. Information and Communications Technology (ICT) plays a vital role in enabling you to identify efficiencies, reach potential supporters in the most cost effective way, secure more support, and raise awareness for your cause.
Determining how best to use technology requires having a robust ICT plan. However, if you don’t have dedicated IT resources, and your workload is already hectic, preparing an ICT plan can seem like a low priority, and can quickly get moved into the “too hard” basket.
For this reason, it can help to engage a third party ICT partner; a speciality provider such as Powernet who can help examine your current technology infrastructure, understand any technology challenges you are facing, and determine how they can best be overcome in order to help your charity, NFP or health/community organisation scale for the future.
At Powernet, we also offer an in-depth understanding of, and experience in, the NFP sector. We have ongoing relationships with technology vendors, and can provide customised recommendations to suit your business.
What should a successful ICT plan focus on?
A successful ICT plan should focus on key business and technology priorities across several key areas:
- What is your company’s vision?
- How do you hope to make a difference to the community? What cause do you support, and why does it matter so much?
- What do you want to achieve?
- When it comes to your information and communications technology, what do you want to achieve? Do you want to help your people share information more effectively? Raise more awareness through social media campaigns? Attract more support by fine-tuning your marketing activity?
- What challenges do you currently face with regards to your ICT?
- For instance, is your overall infrastructure too cumbersome and expensive to run? Do your people have problems communicating and sharing information? Do you face ongoing system downtime? Are your IT assets too difficult to use?
- What does your current ICT infrastructure look like?
- Is it on-premise, in the cloud, or a combination of both? What provider, or providers do you use? How happy are you with the service that you’re receiving and in what areas do you think it could be improved?
- How could technology change the way you work?
- For instance, could it enable your people to work more effectively from home, increasing their propensity to be productive?
What solutions does Powernet offer? Take a look here >
How Powernet can help with your ICT Strategy
When it comes to creating a strategic IT plan for your organisation, it’s important to choose a provider you can trust, and who has specific expertise when it comes to the not-for-profit sector. At Powernet, we specialise in helping charities, not-for-profits, and health/community organisations by providing quality ICT solutions. We focus on your specific needs and we create strategic solutions to suit.
Contact us on 1300 892 692 or visit www.power-net.com.au to find out more.